WiLDAF/FeDDAF in West Africa just as at the regional level maintains an institutional presence at the sessions of the main regional and international sessions dealing with women's human rights. The goal is to represent, undertake supervision and advocacy on behalf of network members on issues which concern women in Africa.
WiLDAF/FeDDAF in West Africa has a relatively large network of organisations and individuals in 11 countries ready to respond to the urgent appeals for solidarity and protest actions;
To advocate themselves at national and local level for law and policy reform and nefast tradition
Advocacy before and during the session of:
- The African commission of Human and Peoples' Rights: women’s human rights issues, adoption, ratification and implementation of the protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights on the Rights of Women in Africa.
- the African Union: Gender mainstreaming in the African Union programs and sectors
- The Commission on the Elimination of all forms of Discriminations Against Women
- the United Nations Commission of Human Rights
- Emergency response system to respond to violations of women's rights
- ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States).
EXAMPLE OF PROJECT IMPLEMENTED
- Mobilization of women’s rights and human rights organizations to contribute to the elaboration and to support the process of the Protocol to the African Charter on Human and People’s Rights on women’s rights
It is a vast program in many phases started in 1999 and which aims to mobilizing the women’s rights and human rights organizations to contribute to the elaboration of the Protocol to the African Charter on Human and People’s Rights on Women’s Rights and the support of its implementation. We are currently at the ratification by the States stage. We received support from various donors as CECI, African Women Development Fund, OSIWA.
WiLDAF/FeDDAF has a large network of organisations and individuals members in 10 countries ready to participate in the Emergency Response System to respond to violations of women's rights.